Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sunny Saturday

Had to use another of the Sweet Ebony stamps from Funky Kits, they're just so cute, the papers are chatterbox and I used my watercolour pencils. The sketch is from Paperworld, which suits theses stamps to a tee.


Now the challenge on Arty Girlz is recycling, now sitting on my desk is this box that had a circle tin sitting on top with birds in, from Prima. I had the box for ages and the challenge pushed me into doing something with it. So I decorated the top of the box.

And inside I made a little concertina book using Laura Ashley papers from Dovecraft.
And when you lift up the ribbon this is what pulls out, pictures of my brothers and sister with their other halfs, all dressed up in our posh gear for Damien and Rachel's Wedding last year.
Inside the bottom of the box is a blossom just to make it look pretty and I used the flourishes die from quickcutz and corner die for the cuttlebug.


22 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh, Debby what can I say ??? They are absolutely awesome. Gorgeous creations. Your art work is unbelievable.

Femmy said...

fabulous work!!!!!

Marte said...

Wow!

Love your blog, and all you creatives! Just had to leave a little trace - would love to visit you again! :)

Love, Marte

Donalda said...

That is just gorgeous. I love that dear. That had to of took a lot of work !!!

Frances said...

wow, love the colours on your cowgirl - not the usual ones you'd expect, love it!. Beautiful recycled project too, real keepsake. x

Cathy said...

Absolutely beautiful. Love the little keepsake book inside.
You've inspired me to have a play with a a small shoe box that used to hold my ribbons.
Cathy

filetta said...

geat idea ! fab work !

Hannah said...

Fab card love the sweet ebony stamp, i love the way you have coloured her in. so CUTE!:)

Monika said...

thats do a fantastic idea and work
wonderful

Suzanne said...

Wow your card is beautiful I just love the papers and you colours are perfect. Gosh what a great idea for your little box and you have used my fav papers of the moment. Sue :o)

Gill said...

Some more marvellous creations, love what you've done with your card and your box
lv gill x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow, Debby they are all such great work. I just adore your gorgeous card with the Sweet Ebony Stamp. Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous caretions...Enjoy the rest of your weekend:)x

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous projects!! love the giddy up card.. truly stunning!!

Marlene xx

ella bella said...

wow stunning love the colours and papers you have used on the card and the keepsake box is stunning :)

Kim Dellow said...

These are fantastic, what great work, very creative.

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, this is stunning absolut perfect Work. I'm enthusiastic........

Julie Allain said...

WOW WOW WOW

This is absolutely fantastic!!!

We have made the recycling an ongoing challenge now..have a look on Arty Girlz :)

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz recycling challenge xx

Annie said...

amazing! and such a pretty keepsake.

Debby said...

You are very creative!!!!

My Paper World said...

Wow Debby! the more I see your work, the more I love it!
These are great projects! I love your concertina book, and the STUNNING colouring on your gorgeous Ebony card!
Thanks so much for using the sketch!
Nicola xx

Kim said...

All your artwork is wonderful! Thanks for sharing!