Friday, August 29, 2008

Sociable Saturday

The challenge on Tilda & co has been giving me a headache all week cos I really didn't have a clue, clock hands has been a suggested but you still have to incorporate them somehow so this is what I decided. I cut out the numbers with the cricut and using them as a template made the shape of the card, the papers are really old but are Making Memories which I cut using George cartridge in the cricut. I've used acetate for the inside of the number and run it throughthe cuttlebug with the swiss dots folder, finished off with my favourite Tilda. I do have a bit of a tip though avoid using new chalk eyes they're far too juicy and I got myself in a right pickle. Meet Argyll isn't he cute, he arrived Friday morning wasn't expecting him at all but apparently he comes free when you spend so much money at Cuddly Buddly ( lets keep that a secret since my Sister drops me in it far too often) and the reason I brought from Cuddly Buddly well instead of blaming Fran it was Nessy with some fab Christmas cards using their latest Christmas stamps.
A quick tag with Tilda to add to the others using the leftover scraps from the card, the oval being the shape out of the zero

And many thanks to Kim for this great award, afraid no time to sort it out off to a 12 crop and have to leave very early Saturday morning which is the reason for an extra Friday post and I've still got my Totes to pack!

The weathermen say it going to be warm and sunny Saturday but they've been saying that all week and its been grey, dark and dismal the only consolation is it hasn't rain.




25 comments:

Marlou McAlees said...

im just admiring all your beautiful cards Debby, you have been busy :) and love the little pup you got with your stamps, he is so sweet, :) x

SusanBluerobot said...

Then you came up with one amazing card using the clock hands thanks for showing us it is great

NGCARDS said...

oh my word you did buy a lot of stamps didnt you!!! lol tut tut
Im sure you'll enjoy playing with them though! lol
I too found this weeks tilda challenge to hard, so i chickened out *blush* I love your take on it tho its brilliant =)
xxx

Heather Huggins said...

CUTE. CUTE. CUTE!!! I love the cute extra present you received with your order. How fun! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Marge said...

Oh my gosh, Debby, your card is too stinkin' cute! Love how you did that; totally adorable! I think your headache was worth it! Love those papers too! What a great idea on the tag to use the oval left-over; worked perfectly!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card & Tag Debby, love the colour scheme you have used and the cute tilda. Hugs Nikki x

Kim said...

This is stunning Debby.

Alison said...

Oh gosh how pretty is that clock card love it. I'm a huge cuddly fan can't wait to see the cards you make with your new stamps.

Chrissie said...

WOW Debby now this is just gorgeous and so unique too! I do love your blog, which I suppose is why I visit daily and I'm never disappointed with what I find.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Debby I love the shape.
Hugs Debbie x

carolann said...

Brilliant work hun WTG xxx

Donalda said...

This is just gorgeous dear they all are but the 40 card just took my breathe away dear

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Debby I just love this card!!!!
What a wonderful idea, you are so clever.
Love the colours!
Julie

Rach said...

oh this is fabulous Debby very creative...oh boy you did have a good rubba buy....lol...have fun playing with them all. hugs rachxx

cats whiskers said...

wow debby this is so cute and such a lot of work has gone into it, I think you have a hit here. Grat Idea and love the soft colours
Hugs Jacqui x

Jill said...

love the 40 card and your tag, have fun with your new stamps Jill x

Anonymous said...

oh they are so wonderful!!!!

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card and tag!! Love your ideas!! Your dog is so cute too! Do you have to spend money over time to get him or in one order?
Love Becky xx

Victoria said...

your card is gorgeous.

thank you for the lovely comments you have left on my blog too.

hugs

Vicky x

Nixe-Moni said...

This is just so wonderful. Love it. Great colours you have used.
Hugs, Moni

Gwen said...

Oh my gosh!!! that "40" card is just the cuitest thing ever!!!

Annie said...

wow! just amazing! love the design, the papers and the cute Tilda. Now I dread to think how much you spent at CB, but 'tis easlily done I suspect!
annie x

Frances said...

LOL, that can't be right surely?I'm slipping then, as I've resisted Cuddly Buddly (think you've got my share there, LOL). Must find something to tempt you soon! Wait till I ink up some of my new 'Messy rabbit' stamps from Joanna sheen, hahaha!!!!!!!!!! xx

Joey said...

this card is amazing! and the colour combo is fab too.x

Kathleen said...

I love the 40 card - and I alos love the idea of making tags using the scraps. I could never be that organized!!
Kathleen