Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sparkling Saturday

Isn't she gorgeous, this is my new Whiff Of Joy stamp, coloured her with prisms but I may have over done the glitter its on all edges of the blue cardstock, her wings and I even used glitter card for the corners. The little sentiment is from Craftwork Cards, the organza ribbon is made out of some material that was cut into strips so I can use this card for the Cute Card Thursday Challenge for soft furnishings.
Here's a close up of the angel.

I got roped into helping my Sis with a card making class with some of the ladies at Mums Warden Assisted place. Bless them they thought Sis was demo-ing but she actually was getting them to make cards. I do think that getting them rubber stamping was ambition to start with but they were in their element with Peel Offs, which we watercoloured although one poor lady kept smudging hers and she said it was ruined but by the time I was finished no-one would have know. As I told them there's no mistakes in card making just Happy Accidents. They want us to come again!

It's the Scrapbuddies crop tomorrow so if you in the Mychett Surrey area do come and join us and if you not sure just pop in to say Hello.




25 comments:

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

This is gorgeous, and I love all the sparkle! :o)

Have done a card-making class for ladies at a senior citizens' home, and I can completely relate to your experience! Bless 'em!

Chris xx

Jilli said...

Fab card, love the image and the papers!

Karin said...

Hi Debby,

fabulous card.
Love the stamp, and you've not overdone the glitter. I think christmascards should sparkle.

Have a great weekend.
xoxo Karin

Murielle said...

Waw...Great card Debby!!!
I love your composition and the colours are marvellous.
Great job!!!!
Hugs Mumur

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and such fabulous colouring with your prismas. So nice to read about your time with your Mum's friends.
Have a great weekend.
Carole ;o)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Debby, The glitter is fab.
Hugs Debbie x

nessy said...

wow!! beautiful card ~love the way the angel stands out like that ~and lots of sparkle!!
vanessa xx

Frances said...

This is gorgeous Debby - no such thing as too much glitter when it comes to christmas cards! x

Rach said...

Debby this is scrumpsious. I love all the glitter...you have coloured charlotte in to perfection...love the layout of your card and the organza strip. hugs rachxx

Donalda said...

This is just gorgeous and I think the glitter is awesome.

Suzanne said...

Beautiful I love it and how can you overdo sparkle!!! Sue :o)

Daisy Chain said...

Cute card. Well done with the card class, sounds like they had fun. And thank you for visiting my blog and leaving those very kind words.

Love Debbie xx

Chris said...

You can never have too much glitter Debby, LOL! Your card is absolutely beautiful and I love your new stamp. Hugs, Chris x

Ying Pang, said...

your card is so gorgeous!! I love it.

NGCARDS said...

i love this card the sparkle effect is fab!! U have also used my fave christmas card colour ... blue so I like it even more! lol xxx

Deb said...

such a beautiful card Debby, love the colour and all the sparkle! thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Debby and I love all the sparkles, Hugs, Nikki x

Gwen said...

Oh my gosh debbie!! this is gorgeous!!! you did an awsome job on this!!! and NO you can never have too much glitter!!!! Tee hee Hee!! That litte angle would make a great tooth fairy too!!!

Annie said...

love the sparkle on your gorgeous card with the cute fairy image. annie x

Anne Karin said...

what a beautyful card! I love it! Very nice colors to.

Maya said...

Ohhh my!!
This is just gorgeous!!
Love the sparkles and the colours,just fab :)

Hugs from Maya

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow this is beautiful, have used the same image but it is nowhere near as lovely as this one, beautiful colours
Hugs jacqui
ps the more glitter the better is what I say

Jill said...

oooohh Debby I love your card it's gorgeous that image is so cute and your layout is great Jill x

Heather Huggins said...

Wow. I just mine in the mail Saturday I need to ink her up. Your is so pretty!!!

Kathy said...

Beautiful!! I love all your layers on your angel!! She looks absolutely beautiful!! Also the colors you used are perfect!! :)Kathy