Thursday, April 15, 2010

Peace

Well we all know Mr Blogger sometime misbehaves but now Mr Hotmail has been naughty too. I was asked to be GDT at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ and the attachment with my card as gone astray. But the wonderful girls over on the blog have gone through some of my cards on my blog and used them instead.
This was the inspiration for the this weeks challenge.

Philippians 4:4-7 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

This is the Challenge: Make a card/project about prayer and/or peace.

This was the actual card I made for the challenge. I used a WOJ image and I pretty sure the bird isn't meant to be a Dove but I've coloured it as one. The DCWV Linen Closet is so elegant and speaks peaceful colours, so I had to use it and the gems are from Simon Says Stamps that they've been popping into their orders. The sentiment was made using Word on the PC and was a line from a prayer.
Thanks once again to the Stampin' Sisters to allow me to join in their challenge.

31 comments:

craftymum said...

super card Debby. Love those retro flowers too.
Love sarah XXX

Karen said...

Love the colours of this card. It fits perfectly with the theme 'peace'.
Hugs,
Karen.

Kathy said...

THis is so cute Debby!! First off I just love this image and the papers that you have used are so pretty!! Love that yummy ribbon too!
:)Kathy

Scrappymax said...

Debby this is wonderful and what a lovely sentiment you have added.
I love your clean blog background -can you tell me where you found it as I have see it once before in another colour but couldn't work out where it came from.
Max x

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Lovely card Debby!! This is such a nice stamp and I love the sentiment you put with it!
Blessings,
Sarah :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Debbie, beautiful colors.
Great.

Hugs Suze xx

Anneke klerks said...

what a beautyful card, you make many beautyful card!!!!
greetings anneke

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

your card is beautiful and inspiring Debby. Although I'm not always gentle I do try to be a Christian woman and always pray for peace.
many the peace of the lord be with you and yours Debby.
janex

Little K Smith said...

Gorgeous card Debby, lovely papers and sentiment, lush ribbon too.
Kelly.x

Unknown said...

Hi Debby! Thanks so much for visiting me! This card is so lovely - the layout is fab - and I love the ribbon - really pretty. K :-)

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Gorgeous card and such a great verse to get inspiration from.
Hugs Judy xx

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous card honey love the papers and lace and of course the image and i love the sentiment, hugs pops x

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

Beautiful,love the text.Youre color combination is perfect.
Love Agnesxx

Juls said...

Fab!! I love this image, and the ribbbon is gorgeous!! Just adds that touch of luxuary! stunning card! Hugs Juls

Dragonlady said...

Hi Debby

Gorgeous card, love the sentiment and your co-ordinating flowers.

Hugs Ali x

Jeanette said...

This is just so beautiful! I love the colors that you have used and I love how you made the bird into a dove! Wonderful!
Hugs Jeanette :)

Lynsey said...

Fantastic card Debby!
Hugs Lynsey x

Tasha said...

Gorgeous card Debby, fab papers and that ribbon is lovely. Super sweet image - i love the dimension
love tasha xx

Jeanet van der Lee said...

Wow, great card! An have fun with your GDT post at the Stamping Sisters in Christ!

Poppet said...

Great card Debby, I love the frilly ribbon. Great sentiment too. :-) xx

kaylou said...

Hi Debby
Another gorgeous piece of work from you,love the ribbon and the flower details.
Thankyou once again for the gorgeous stamp and ribbon and the beautiful OOAK Debby 4000 original card.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

Spyder said...

Love this card Debby, beautiful colours and such a lovely design.
(Lyn)

Sharon said...

This is really lovely Debby. The colours are gorgeous and I love the ribbon.

Mina said...

wow what a stunner Debby, and I love that frilled ribbon
Mina xxx

Sharon said...

Gorgeous card Debbie. Love the colours & sentiment.
hugs
Sharon x

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a wonderful inspirational card Debbie! Beth

Deb said...

beautiful card Debby, so love that image and it is perfect for that sentiment, hugs Debx

Jennifer said...

Oh wow! Love the colours...amazing card xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

Diane said...

Another beauty Debby!!!

Louise F NZ said...

WOW!!!! Awesome card Debby, love the background and the image is really sweet.

Jill said...

gorgeous card Debby I love those papers and I too bought a stack I keep stroking them, I need to cut into them lol hugs JIll xx