Monday, August 24, 2015

Freshly Sketched


It seem only right to create something for this week's Freshly Made Sketch since it is their 200 challenge and I was the The Queen of Clean of their 100 Challenge.
So when I flipping through the Doodlebug paper I saw the waves and the contrast check paper and thought it would work with the Simon Says Stamp sailboat die then of course you need clouds. Used my favourite cloud dies from the My Heart Soars die and while I was about I decided to use the matching stamp set to make my kites.
I was discussing with someone how to send I'm thinking of you card rather than a get well card for a friend undergoing an operation for cancer and you don't know how bad things really are. Sending Smiles is more uplifting and more postive response and I so glad Simon Say Stamp sells the Sending die and the Happy and Smile stamp set.
I've recently been sent some Stamptember goodies and yesterday I had a bit of play unfortunately nothing I can show yet. Today I must get down to finish a Minion, Hubby had control of the telly for a change ( usually he gets relegated to the bedroom telly) but it does mean crochet and watching football is a no no for me, nearly finished my book though!


25 comments:

brenda said...

I think it's a perfect card for your friend Debby, really cheery and uplifting.

B x

Sue said...

Such a fabulous card Debby. I love the design and the perfect sentiment
hugs Sue xx

Dawn T said...

superb card Debby.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card x

Pop's Cards said...

I love this sweetie especially the kites so fresh and summery, hugs Pops x

Unknown said...

Morning Debby what a great card and I love the design.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A SUPER cheery card, that will undoubtedly cheer the recipient up.

Di said...

Oh Debby, this is fantastic. I love the little boat bobbing along on the wavy paper :) And the words you used are just right as well.

Look forward to seeing your Minion too :)

Hugs

Di xx

Jackie Scott said...

Awesome card with the perfect sentiment for your friend. Love the kites along with the sailboat - pretty colors!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Awesome Debby.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Kim S said...

Absolutely charming with those fun prints. I love the pops of red and yellow. Thank you for joining us in celebrating 200 at Freshly Made Sketches.

Tammy said...

Oh Debby, I've missed so many of your brilliant creations! Each one is so creative and inspiring! Love each and everyone!

Nataliascraft said...

Brilliant card and fabulous design x

Christine L said...

This is a fabulous card Debby...... such a wonderful design!

Hugs
Christine x

cotnob said...

A super card Debby, such a fabulous design.
Pauline
x

Linda Callahan said...

Your paper pieced scene is wonderful! So bright and fresh! Thanks for joining our 200th sketch celebration at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jacee said...

Super design Debby
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

MagsB said...

What a happy, summery scene! I love the gorgeous colours!

love Mags B x

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card Debby x

Carol S. said...

Fab card and love the scene. Love the colours and design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Kathleen said...

Stunning card, fab scene and all round, tip, top card.

Kath x

Pat said...

This card hits just the right note Debby and the cute sea theme is lovely and light hearted. Such pretty papers and die cut embellishments. x

Cheryl W. said...

This truly is an uplifting card! I love that little sailboat. The puffy clouds make you also think of a soft breeze - a perfect little scene carrying good wishes and smiles through the mail.

Denni said...

Your cards always make ME smile! And I love the idea of this sentiment instead of a get well one, much happier :)

Karren said...

Beautiful card and perfect for the occasion. I think the SSS Sending and Wishing dies are my favourite script dies! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.