Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Couple of Cards

I was a bit stumped with this week sketch challenge on CPS until I left open a draw open and saw the butterfly stamp and the lastest challenge on DCM was to use copper or wool, as you can see I used copper. The butterfly stamp is Hampton Art and the word stamp is unmounted so I can't find the manufacture in fact I couldn't find the stamp, I knew I had it just didn't know where I put it as you can see I did find it with the woodmounted words, logically really. The papers are BG not sure which collection and the because I felt it looked flat I put the gems in the corners. Still not sure about it.
This card was nice and easy compared to the one above its Nicola's sketch from Paper World and I used a penny black stamp, a bit of doodling and the papers are Dovecraft and I made a pinwheel out of some scraps, this will probably end up as a man's card so I didn't want to stick a bloom on it. Didn't bother with a sentiment until I knew whether I shall use it for Father's Day or not.

Trust me to mess up the Modscraps order, I only do it with them so I spoke to the lovely Ellie yesterday while DH was at home told him I brought a kit for the cyber crop on UKS just didn't mention the rest of the order!

And best of all I won the fish on Tilda & Friends ATC challenge, I'm over the moon, pop over there this week the challenge is dotty.

24 comments:

manuela said...

beautiful dcm card!

Sharon said...

Your butterfly card is stunning!! Really classy looking.
And the cow made me chuckle , great card.

Judy said...

Gorgeous DCM card, Debby, love the colours you've used!
JudyNZ

Andrea, said...

2 fab cards Debby, the butterfly card is so pretty and great colours and that cow is so cute

Pearl said...

O these cards are just darling !

Debbie said...

2 fab cards I love the cow on the bike.

Annie said...

fab cards, love the cow on the bicycle! your fish are on their way! annie x

Nancy said...

beautiful card

Gwen said...

Wow that butterfly card really turned out beautiful! you did a wonderful job! & I gota get over to paper world! that looks like a good one!!!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh wow Debby!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Hannah said...

Fab card love the cow.

Kath Stewart said...

Wow Debby love the card - pink and copper go so well together

Marlou McAlees said...

what beautiful cards Debby!! love them!! :) x

My Paper World said...

I love them both Debby!
The papers you chose are gorgeous, and I love the fun cow image and the pinwheel!
Thanks so much for joining in!
Nicola xx

Anonymous said...

Both beautiful cards Deb:)x
have a great weekend:0x

Leann said...

These are fab ~ I LOVE that cow!
Congrats on winning the stamp too =)

Chris Steer said...

Fab blog! Will be visiting again

Chris x

Beth said...

Your butterfly card is stunning, I love the layout. I also love the cow and chicken stamp! Fab cards!

Classroomfree said...

I love the butterfly card, it is just stunning. The PB image is far too cute and I love how you used it :o)

Diane said...

Love what you've done with the butterfly,it's gorgeous!!
Both cards are awesome!TFS!

Charity Hassel said...

wowza! that butterfly is gorgeous - love this take on the cps sketch!

craftyb said...

Congratulations on your win! That's exciting! Love these cards - especially the PB one! bx

Smriti said...

Your embossing come out so well, the card looks awesome! The sentiment matches the image perfectly even though the stamps are unrelated!

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love the embossing and touch of bling!