Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pat on the back

Now I'm quite impressed how this photo of this card turned out because it was taken with the ordinary ceiling light on, admittedly I made sure the light was behind me but it worked a treat. I believe that the stamp is High Hopes but I'm not sure and she is a big girl but she worked out really well with Dawn's sketch on Papertake Weekly, add a few punched flowers, leaf and of course I had to use my new Martha Stewart punch for the challenge on Cute Card Thursday. The papers are Crate paper that I've been stroking for months not wanting to cut into them but I must use some of my stash otherwise I won't have any room for any new stuff.
Here's another Christmas sent to me this time from my Sister, I recognise the Craftwork Trees.
I don't envy the many Mum crafters this time of year, school plays, school Christmas Fairs and if you're unlucky to have different schools you can double it, then there's after school activities all putting on fairs and concerts for Parents, add shopping, wrapping presents, writing cards and if you one of the many Mums who have to work too, its a wonder anything gets done. But it does, I know I've been there, which is why I understand how hard this time of year is for Mums. So Mums give yourself a huge pat on the back and hang in there because the faces of the ones you love will make it all worth while.


19 comments:

Tab said...

Love the card, the colours are divine and I adore the image too! Such a cutie lol. :0) Tab xxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi Debby, this is such a gorgeous card hun, lovely image and stunning papers. You ae so right its a busy time for mums, im struggling to get it all done, but i think im starting to win the battle!! i need to organize myself next year. Have a great weekend, hugs Linda x

Ali Watson said...

Fab card Debby well done to your sis to. That image is fab just love her and the papers are gorgeous. Have a fab weekend!

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Debby. What a great image and she fits so well on this card.

Andrea, said...

Beautiful cards Debby, the little girl is so sweet and fab colours, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Carole said...

Another sweet card, the curved embossed panel looks great...so does the crate papers!
Lovely card from your sister.
Carole x

Mrs Mayne said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

NGCARDS said...

Such a pretty card you made there =) Nice fresh colours. That christmas card you received from your sister is gorgeous! You are so lucky =) xxx

Joey said...

Hi Debby, these are 2 gorgeous cards, The papertake weekly one is fabby! love the image and colours. joey xxx

Chrissie said...

Your card looks so sweet Debby, love the colours too. Isn't it wonderful to be able to stop using christmas colours now?

Denise Clark said...

Debby, love your card! Love the colors. Makes me long for Spring and technically winter hasn't even arrived! I'm just about done with Christmas cards and moving to Valentine's Day thoughts here soon.

Roz said...

I love both cards, but the top one is very pretty with it's candy colours.

Love Roz

Lyzzydee said...

Beautiful cards, I love them both!!

Leann said...

Oooooh, that stamp is so cute!!!! Gorgeous card, love the pp.
Hugs x

Hope you're feeling better now :)

Gillian said...

Yet another cute card, love the papers too, I can see why you had to stroke them for a while.

Gill x

Jill said...

aww Debby they are both stunning the first one is my fav it's just gorgeous I love the image and layout you've created hugs Jill xx

Annie said...

fabulous card Debby and such a cute image - and of course I love the layers you add to your cards to give such ooomph! hugs, annie x

Naoual said...

Gorgeous cards!

xx Naoual

Bev said...

Debie, this is fabulous - love the colours and all the detail! hugs Bev x