Sunday, June 06, 2010

More prompt layouts


I've downloaded another prompt from Scrapdolly's 52-10 project and realised that I haven't shown these layouts on my blog. I'm now seriously behind, having done 16 prompts and today's was number 23 but I'm hoping after this week things may settle down on the card making front and I shall have a bit more time.
My first layout is for the prompt about your dream house, to be honest I'm pretty much happy with my home, when you start life living with parents with no hope of affording your own home, the fact we do own our home is pretty much a dream come true. But I do dream of one of these, I download the pics from the image gallery of google. Left over Cosmo Cricket and Sis's MS leaf punch border may have to borrow that again.

Another prompt for where you worked, so I did my last job where I work for nearly 19 years, I saw a lot of changes through those years not all good either. There was challenge on this prompt to tear paper I wasn't that happy with this.

I hunted everywhere on the net looking for a pic of M&S Guildford or even an old one, so had to use a couple of pic of Guildford High Street. I was pretty sure Scrapdolly would do a prompt on where you live and sure enough she has but there are other photos I could use. Roughly where the arrow is pointed is about where M&S Guildford is.
So I'm seven prompts behind, two of which I'm having major inspiriation probs with but I'm hoping over time I will work it out.


Finally noticed I haven't popped my finished Indian Maiden on here, I don't know why she looks so crumpled since I always roll the linen. I have sew on the beads which I think possibly I meant to do that after I wash the fabric.

17 comments:

auntie lisa said...

Oh Debby I too would love to have one of these 'perfect' stamp/hobby rooms. These are some REALLY nice ones. We all have to have our dreams!!
Love your layouts for these pages. And wow all the hours you must have put into your Indian maiden.
xxxx
Lisa

Crafting Queen said...

Love the layouts and great photos. Brings back memories when I did my nursing studies at Surrey Uni. Fantastic piece of cross stitching. Anesha

Trudy said...

Debby your creations are gorgeous like always...
I love your coloring.
Hugs Trudy

Macpurp said...

what lovely pages, I love the M&S one!

as for the Indian Maiden...she is beautiful!

love teen x

lil-paper-pixie said...

Great layouts Debby, thinking of having a go at scrapbooking myself but I am a scaredy cat...LOL

Just love your embroidery, fantastic, how long did that take you, looks like sooooo much work. Is it for a gift? It is fabulous hun.

Hugs

Sarah

Mummylade said...

stunning work debby, stunning!!!

Silli said...

perfect work...love the lo´s... HUGS

Brenda Brown said...

Wow Debby, you have been busy, so many lovely layouts. Guildford High Street I recognise. I don't go there often as I'm not a fan of the place.
Your Indian Maiden is stunning. Such alot of work.
Hope you are well.
Take care. LOL Bxxxx

Sarah xx said...

Oh debby what gorgeous layouts, I love the background papers that you've used! Fantastic prompts by Karen but really love your interpretation of them - fabulous!! xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

I'm behind again, Debbie, but I have just made a little trip through your recent posts and love EVERYTHING! I particularly love the two meeces with the purple rose and your snoopy (red baron) card. Gorgeous! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Poppet said...

Great LOs Debby, and the stitching is AMAZING, I used to do cross stitch but never anything as fine as this. :-) xx

Rufus said...

Wow your Indian Lady is lovely. That would have driven me right round the bend! Cross stitch is NOT my thing. I like embroidery and crewel, just not cross stitch. You've done a fab job with her!
R/

Enfys said...

Fabulous layouts Debby, I love layouts of 'unusual' subjects, my favourite is the first one. As for your Indian Maiden, well, it's stunning, I am in awe!
big hugs
En xx

Doreen said...

Fabulous layouts, your indian maiden is superb.You are so talented.xxx

Juls said...

wow all these layouts are fab!!! such fun subjects for a page...love them!!! and wow your cross stitch is amazing!!! Hugs Juls

Sibylle said...

Wow, what a perfect work. Your Indian Maiden is wunderful.

Hugs Sibylle

Whimcees said...

Hello,

I have just found your blog - per Simon Says Stamp. Your work is awesome. This Indian woman project is so beautiful - a work of art!

Wishing you a good day today!

Barbara Diane
http://whimcees.blogspot.com