Sunday, June 06, 2010

Sunday's High Hopes

I love this dancing cow and he's perfect for a Father's day card the challenge on High Hopes Challenge blog. I've used Basic Grey possible Granola but don't hold me to that.
Of course men's cards are a bit awkward when it comes to embellishments, so out came the brads. The background of the circle mat behind the cow was a bit plain and I couldn't think of a die or cricut cartridge with music note so I did them freehand, when I finished I realised I have a stamp set from Francoise Read which does!
The word strips are Stampin up but I have to make them longer. The best way is to stamp the words twice and then using the punch, punch across the stamps words this will now give you the right size to place over the words  that is left to draw round.
I had a fabulous day yesterday at MJ's Every Moment Matters Crop, I managed to do two layouts but they're for next month Challenge on the Cute and Girly. It's lovely not to worry about bringing food while there, we all always have a fabulous spread included in the price of the 12 hour crop and you always have a laugh. Whether you a card maker or a scrapbooking its always nice to meet people who have the same obsession with paper.
MJ also have some new Cuttlebug folders so I picked up the cogs one. Now I know I didn't need anymore paper but she was selling off some old ones and there was quite few Christmas designs and some more suitable for card making, well that's my excuse.

39 comments:

Kylie said...

What a moovalous card Debby. lol. Love those dp's and the dancing cow is fabulous. How clever of you to draw the music notes! Glad you had fun at your crop day. I'm past making excuses to buy MORE stuff ;)

Kylie xo

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card Debby.
Wonderful papers and a cute image!
Have a great day.

Hugs Jannie.

Marja Sch said...

What a gorgeous cow card. Hugs Marja

Judi said...

FAB card, Debby, I LOVE IT!

Judi xx

Suzie Q said...

Hi Debby,
this card makes me chuckle - brill sentiment and great layout, the hand drawn notes look fab!
look forward to seeing your creations you have madex
hugs
Suzie qx

Fern said...

He He, fabulous card Debby, love that image and the papers are gorgeous x
Fern xx

Debs said...

this is just gorgeous..i always struggle with men cards..love those papers too...Debs x

cheryl said...

oh this is one great image love it so different too,love the layout and super detail hugs cheryl xxxxxx

tracy said...

An adorable card Debby love the theme and the cute stamp.
Tracy x

Anita said...

haha what a funny fathersdaycard, I love it!!
Have a fab Sunday,
xoxo Anita

Unknown said...

Ooh, Debby, he is lovely! Didn't see this one yet. Have a great Sunday!

Hugs,
Renata

Michele Roos said...

Such a fabulous card Debby. Love the image you've used and the papers you've also. Hugs Michele x

Bev said...

Absolutely brilliant!! This has given me an ear to ear grin on my face Debby, I LOVE IT!!!!!

Joey said...

Lol Debby who needs an excuse for papers! :O), gorgeous card love the cow. Joey.xxx

Moon Starr said...

Ha ha ha - he's - or is it a she? - judging by the "mooves" it's probably a "he" - is a real cutie x Great card - like the colours x

Ann-Marie said...

Oh I love this card its such fun! Love the papers and fab sentiments and great layout. Take care Ann-Marie xxx

Unknown said...

What a swinging card Debby, great fun with the dancing cow.
Hugs Suze xx

Lynsey said...

Fantastic Father's Day card Debby!
Love the sentiment!
Hugs Lynsey x

Willy's creations said...

Very cute!

Hugs,Willy

Leigh said...

Oh Debby, this image is sooooo cute.
Love your card.

Little K Smith said...

Fab card Debby, love the image and sentiment. Great papers too.
Kelly.x

Tara said...

Fab card Debbie - I love the image and the sentiment works perfectly! I think you have a real knack when it comes to male cards ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Jeanet van der Lee said...

Great stamp you have used here and the papers of BG are lovely too. Have a nice sunday!

Mummylade said...

just gorgeous!

Marina said...

I love your gorgeous card! It's just fantastic and makes me smile.

Hugs,
Marina

Debby Winters said...

What a fun card! Thanks for giving me a smile today!

Tasha said...

Debby this had me creasing up, it so funny! He is so groovy and i love the musical notes in the background! The papers ae fantastic and i love the sentiments
love tasha xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

fab card Debbie, super image and great papers and colours for a male card. glad you had a good time at the crop, looking forward to viewing the results. janex

Jill said...

fantastic father's day card Debby, ohh your crafting day sounds fun wish we had something like that where I live hugs Jill xx

auntie lisa said...

Love it Debby....nice colors and cute image!
xxxx
Lisa

Emma and Susan said...

Fabulous card Debby! The image is hilarius and your sentiments and papers are fantastic,
love nd hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Debby,i love your image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Andrea said...

another fab one, love the design, papers and the image!

Annchen

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous I love this card what a fab image

Bianca said...

Oh, this card is so very lovely! xx

Rufus said...

Moovalous card! Love this one!
R/

Sharon said...

Fabulous masculine card Debbie, I love papers. The image and sentiment are perfect.

Sharon x

Sharon said...

Fabulous masculine card Debbie, I love papers. The image and sentiment are perfect.

Sharon x

Stamps and Paper said...

Debby what a great card...it made me laugh.

Anne